Civic Hacking in the Salt City
We are a group of software developers, technologists, activists, and urbanists interested in using technology to make Syracuse and Central New York better.
Central New York Data
Data and APIs for Syracuse, Central New York and NY State:
- CNY Vitals
- Syracuse Community Geography
- Syracuse Newspaper Data sets
- Onondaga County GIS
- New York State Open Data Portal & Health Data Portal
- New York State GIS Clearinghouse
- 511NY Developer Resource Area
Data Sources for Other Upstate Cities:
- City of Rochester Neighborhood Data Map
- City of Albany Open Data Portal
- City of Buffalo Property Viewer Mapping Application
Code for Syracuse is a group of volunteers that builds digital tools with government and non-profit partners to enhance public life and bridge the digital gap. We’re a platform for civic innovation, driven by civic engagement within the Greater Syracuse community.
Code for America Brigades are local volunteer groups that bring together community members to help make communities work better. Brigades use technology to build new tools to help with local civic issues. Code for America supports Brigade chapters with resources, tools, and access to the wider civic technology movement.
Check out our Meetup Page to see when our next event is and sign up. We meet the fourth Tuesday of the month. We look forward to hacking together!